Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Destroyers do not destroy

One of my earliest pvp experiences was while ratting in some random lowsec system. Trayde and I were puttering around, me in my Cormorant, him in something else. At this time I had believed that i was the bees knees in my little destroyer with my little rail guns. I of course was not aware that Destroyers don't really destroy, and that i was pve fit. Enter wonderful learning experience:

Trayde is off in some other belt looking for rats and I had a hold full of stuff on my way to dock up when Trayde calls over vent that he's being attacked. Well I warp to him at 0, and engage a flashy red something or other without even checking what i was attacking. I just knew in that brief warp bubble, that I needed to save Trayde. So I lock this guy in his Vaga and attack him. I never stood a chance. Withing seconds we're both warping to dock up in our little pods, sad from the loss.

I learned a lesson that night. Destroyers are not very good.

1 comment: