Monday, February 4, 2013

Updates from Egg

Busy weekend for me. Didn't get to log as much time in my capsule as I would have liked, but I did get to have some fun and get some kills.

As many Redditors are aware, we had a bit of a brawl in our home system, culminating with a hotdrop by PL. It began with one of our members, EC JuniorD, setting up a brawl with the newest Reddit corp "Brave Newbies Inc."  We weren't expecting much of a fight, considering these guys are totally new to the game. They ended up warping to a discogeddon, but smartly warped in at 100 and not zero. This probably saved a bunch of them, since they were in no way anticipating it. We ended up chasing them to a station and picked them off as they undocked.

Having given the noobs a quick trip home, we headed back to the loving embrace of the University Station to take up our post guarding the undock from all threats. EC was still talking to the Newbies, and said they were going to reship and come back. DHD, having come on comms, said that he was getting a hundred TESTies to come up in frigates to have some fun as well. As all parties made their way back from their home systems,  we spied some Shadow Cartel coming in to system followed by Tuskers. Intel stated that they were fighting at the sun, and that someone had spotted the monthly Uni Dragonslayer fleet out roaming as well.

It was decided that we would coordinate with the noobs and test, and see what we could kill. Uni streamed in, lit a cyno, and joined the fray. We warped to the cyno and unleashed on the Archon. Sadly I didn't get to see it go down, but I helped killed off a Mega. At that point a tactical retreat was called and I tried to align out as I got heavily scrammed, webbed, neuted and eventually died. I warped back in my pod, docked up and hopped in something I could point with. Seemingly lacking guns, I fitted the mids with a scram, web and AB and flew back out and was promptly dispatched. I wish I had more ships at my disposal, but I've been lazy about buying this week and didn't have much in my hangar that I wanted to welp.

This was by far the largest engagement I've taken part in. I had a blast, as did the Brave Newbies from what I've seen posted on Reddit. It was pretty awesome to have all that action right at our doorstep, but the TiDi hit hard, peaking at about 60% before slowly subsiding. Hopefully we can cultivate a relationship with the Newbies and either set up more brawls with them or bring them into the #YOLOCOLO for some welping.


No comments:

Post a Comment