Monday, February 18, 2013

The Tuskers Death Race



I've never participated in any player run events outside of my corp. My experience lies mainly in fleet and solo engagements. Obviously these events are typically small scale and only impact a minute percent of the population at any time, essentially us and our opponents. Having recently started blogging and interacting with people on #tweetfleet, I've taken a much greater interest in things outside of my previously narrow view of Eve. I wasn't oblivious to the events hosted by corporations and alliances for all of eve, although I didn't have any urge to participate. Reflecting upon my previous view of these sorts of things, I was quite surprised at how excited I got by Rixx Javix's announcement of the Death Race in January.

Reading that tweet got my blood flowing. Even though I didn't know anything about it, I was excited. Having never participated in such a thing, my imagination went wild. I imagined smart bombing Battleships lying in wait at gates, manned by Rixx's crew, ready to destroy any ship that happened to be caught in range. I saw myself in a frigate, dodging attacking pirates and trying to get ahead of the rest of the participants who were also trying to kill me and each other. I saw myself being blown up within the first 10 minutes of the race.

Well, the details are now out, and it pretty much looks like what I thought it would be. I will be making every effort to participate and win the race, but at the minimum I will be there for the experience and exposure to yet another facet of Eve that I've not explored. If anything, I'll get some great material for a blog post and maybe a little more exposure to people outside of Faction Warfare.

Please stop by The Death Race Info Post for the rules and info, and maybe take a few minutes to read some of Rixx's other posts as well. They're a good read.

-Ash

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out and mention! I'm glad to hear you are excited about the event and plan to race. Putting these together is a lot of work and you never know ahead of time how well they will do. But the reception has been extremely positive so far.

    I've also added your blog to the Reading List on Eveoganda and look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Rixx. Thanks for putting together exciting events such as this. I can't imagine how much work goes it takes to get Eve-wide events off the ground.

      I can't donate much beyond my words at this time, but hopefully in the future I'll be able to do more. Keep up the good work.

      Thanks for adding me to the Reading List!

      ash

      Delete