Friday, February 1, 2013

Assets and assets and assets

I was browsing /r/eve the other day and came across the thread called "What is your Eve net worth? How do you make your ISK?".
I've never had more than a couple hundred mil at any given time in my wallet, and have never broken 1 billion ISK as long as I've been playing. This hasn't really bothered me, since I've always been able to afford the subscription and have had ISK to fund whatever I was into at the time. I'm sure everyone wants to be space rich, but as long as I am able to have fun and contribute I'm happy flying what I can afford.

Rich or poor, my curiosity got the better of me and I installed EveHQ to see what I was worth according to that program. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that all of the "junk" that I had largely ignored in my assets was actually worth some money. According to the software, I have somewhere near a couple bil just sitting around taking up space.

The problem, of course, is that my stuff is spread all over New Eden. My sec status coupled with my allegiance to the Amarr Militia makes it difficult for me to travel around to collect and sell my stuff. I don't leave the war zone anymore, except to trade LP for goods.

Fancy that. A combat pilot such as myself, afraid of high sec.

Fortunately, I have someone I can haul and move around high sec with easily. Beginning yesterday I started to consolidate and sell off the odds and ends that are accessible to him. I did notice that I have made no where near as much as EveHQ claims I should have. I'm not complaining. Liquid ISK is better than fifteen 1MN Afterburners which I will probably never use. Maybe if someone knows how EveHQ works they can give me some idea of what I'm doing wrong. For now, I'm playing the .01 isk game to offload as much as I can. I find this incredibly tedious but I guess if I want to make money, I have to do it.

As a final though, I must admit that hauling with an Iteron V equiped with a full array of expanders in the lows, full of my stuff, is possibly the most stressful thing I have done. Its like skipping through a mine field with gold bars in a wet paper bag. Just a matter of time before you explode and scatter your savings all over the place. I don't know how people do it for fun. They are much braver than I.

o7

No comments:

Post a Comment